Nuffnang Ads

About Me

My photo
I'm Luke aka Groundwalker.23.Monash University BA graduate. Majored in Comm/Psych.Loves sports like football & basketball.Strong passion in dancing. I dance mostly hip-hop, popping, breakdance, latin and others. I'm the eldest in the family. Sociable and funny. Entertaining. Whacky. Sporting.Cheeky.Mischievous. Well, you know.. The force is strong in this one..

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Basketball training is an awesome workout~

Monash basketball training is one of the toughest training Monash has ever had thanks to our beloved coach, Mr. Tean and for the players' own good, we are trained to act fast and be quick and smart while handling the ball on the court. Fitness comes when we do our drills which includes running suicides, sprints, pumping and many more. Try imagining running 20 suicides for warm up and having a few full-court sprints after that. Each day of training, we at least pump a hundred times and has even reached two hundred plus. It's an awesome way to keep fit and make as tho running/sprinting while playing a match is like walking to us. I really hope so we'll make it look easy come June 1st for the friendly match and July 18th..MAPCU Basketball competition. A basketball team from the California Baptist University had came to visit Malaysia to train some colleges and university and had friendlies with them as well. They also visited the Monash team and taught us some handy drills which was both fun and effective in improving our skills. They were a friendly and awesome bunch and I'm really glad to have met them. I hope I will get a chance to see them again or even play basketball with them. That time was also the time I met Rodney, the friendly guy which loves me lots and wants the best for me..aww..I love you too Rodney. I hope you achieve all that you want in life! You're great and everybody knows it!

*Random pic of us!*

*Going for the steal~ Gotcha!*

*Off I go for the fastbreak..wheeeeeeeeeeeeee~*

*Luke says "Check ball.."*

*Reboundng drills*

*Team Monash + Team CBU = Awesome pic! We didn't 4get u mui..you're there as well =)*

I hope I can achieve my goal, which is to be the MVP for this year. I really need to give it my best and do my thing despite the doubts people have..

*A young boy was playing for a university basketball team in the United States. It was the State Championship Finals. His team was trailing by one point and his coach told him to receive the ball from his team mate before the buzzer. Only 8 seconds remaining. The match resumed, his team mate started the ball and passed it to the team mate standing just outside the 3-pointer. The ball flew straight to the young boys hand and it slipped out of his hand to go out of bounds. His team lost the finals. They were in the locker room and as they were trying accept the fact that they lost, the coach walked up straight to this young boy and went close to his face and said "You'll never play basketball again!"...

The young boy's name was..

Michael Jordan..

Awesome stuff..Thanks Rodney for the story!
A great one! I'll keep tht in mind! RAWR!

No comments:

Post a Comment