Nuffnang Ads

About Me

My photo
I'm Luke aka Groundwalker.23.Monash University BA graduate. Majored in Comm/Psych.Loves sports like football & basketball.Strong passion in dancing. I dance mostly hip-hop, popping, breakdance, latin and others. I'm the eldest in the family. Sociable and funny. Entertaining. Whacky. Sporting.Cheeky.Mischievous. Well, you know.. The force is strong in this one..

Monday, February 28, 2011

WTA Tour Day 2

2nd day of the BMW Malaysian Open :)

CC and I arrived around 8am in the morning. Just in time for him to handle the court booking and for me to set up the players lounge. There is a huge board placed in front of the courts which shows the competition table and the map of the area.

*Qualifying Draw: Top 4 will be picked to go into the Main Draw*


*The map of the event*


*Event sponsors*


*Event Sponsors*


*Security guards of X-command preparing to go on duty*

I am the Players Lounge Manager once again :) I am in charge of ensuring the players feel comfortable at the lounge. Other than that, I take care of the flow of the mineral water bottles to the players, stick up updated fixtures and results on the board, keep 5 SAMSUNG Galaxy Tabs for the players to use and other stuff to keep the players company and relaxed. While being on standby all the time, I'll be either online the whole time or I'd be playing games on my computer. It's pretty relaxing for me but it's boring when I'm at it for too long. Sometimes I feel sleepy too. I did try listening to some songs and walked around the area, trained my hits and pops as well. Good thing there were some volunteers who were coming to assist me :) If not, I wouldn't be able to walk around or go for break easily. I'd always have to be at my workstation as players are always in the lounge, relaxing while waiting for their match or waiting to go back to the hotel after their match.


*This is my turf*


*Welcome to Players Lounge :D*


*My workstation..Can u see what page am I on?*



*Idham n abang pun nak camwhore*


*One of the nice waiters on duty*


*Players on their phone, laptop and food*


*Erika Sema dreaming about...*


*Chilling while waiting for their matches*



*It's me in between my two good buddies for this job..fridge 1 n fridge 2 with their bottles*


*My ID card :D Looks like a BMW car dealer..LOL*

While on duty, I am always fiddling with every gadget and technology around me! Be it my laptop, blackberry, and the galaxy tabs. Sometimes, it takes me some time to actually realize that I am doing extreme multi-tasking..using all 3 at the same time while smsing on my other phone! LOL~ Below are a few pics I took with the galaxy tab.. Most of the pics u see throughout this competition are taken either with my bb or the galaxy tabs ;)


*Original wallpaper: Startcraft 2 Illustration of Terran*


*Negative effect*


*Sepia effect*

Sitting down all day and attending to players is not the only thing I do. Besides that, I eat the buffet food that is prepared for the players and coaches. The buffet is just across from my table and they have loads of nice food over there. Although most of it is the same everyday, the food is tasty and fresh, so it is not too bad :) You can find the pics of of food served below...


*Waiters preparing the food*


*Passion vinegar dressing, pasta salad*


*potato salad & steamed rice*


*linguine pasta*


*fetuccini pasta*



*tomato ragout sauce: 1 of my favs!*



*marinara sauce*


*grilled lamb: 1 of my favs!*


*grilled chicken breast*


*Sauces: mint, mushroom, blackpepper, buerre blanc*


*grilled fillet snapper*


*coffee & tea anyone?*



*bananas & green apples*


*chef's salad: 1 of my favs!*


*All sorts of buns*

One of the things I do on my lappie is SKYPE!!! Hehe ;) I even tried skyping on the galaxy tab but it only allows me to call others and not video call. So, the laptop is better for skyping.

*Skyping with my boo*

From 8am till 9pm.. sit down all day, talk to players, fill the fridge, facebook, twitter, blog, play games, and eat and eat and eat!!! That's what I do mainly every single day. I'm in a way stuck in the lounge as I am in charged of it unless the volunteers come over to help but they're only helping out as part time. Doing all that, I think I'll be putting on a few kgs!!! I can't move around much nor can I just dance away...

*After a long day of work*

Well, that is all for day 2! Stay tuned for day 3 as more new things will be posted on the blog.. new food maybe? or even a video of me dancing?? hm... we'll see :) *wink*

Groundwalker signing out~!

No comments:

Post a Comment